Monday, November 26, 2012

About Mike Cohen


About Mike

I’m Mike Cohen born and raised in Brooklyn(Canarsie), New York City on February 21, 1985. This past spring, I rode my Felt Z100 road bike from La Jolla, California to New York City to celebrate the past six years cancer free. I organized, fundraised and mapped out the entire excursion, every step of the way. With the help of a few friends and awesome people in my life, we raised a ton of money to help us get across the country. Over 3,168 miles and 125,000 feet of elevation climbed, not only did I obtain brutal farmers’ tan lines and rock solid calves, I obtained fearlessness. Ever since my return, I’ve built my life back (from having sold and given away every solid possession of my life) to the point of me returning to my motivational speaking and public figure career direction. I am focused on developing my innovative and passionate ideas into various means and continue to find ways to expressing the power of passion and having a goal to reach for.

Please continue reading this blog to follow me in every step/pedal along the way.
Health and happiness,

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,

    I see that you have posted all of the assignments on your blog so that it is filling up nicely. You can post assignments from your previous classes too that will really round out what you have to offer to a prospective employer.

    Your design is a standard blog with a library type background. Maybe you could play around with changing the background to something more subdued in color than the books; which are very bright after awhile. (smile)

    I would also suggest that you fix your title to add an apostrophe to the word "Im" and put spaces between your name, so that it reads more like "I'm Mike Cohen". As this is your second blog I imagine that you already know how to fix that, but if not, please ask me and I'll be happy to help you.

    Finally, you need to add some kind of contact option in your sidebar. This can be a subscription option, or a text box with your name and email address in it. Having your G+ profile link there is a great idea. You can also add a box that allows people to follow you through blogger. If you play with the Layout screen you'll see a LOT of additional widgets you can add to your sidebar.

    I'm thinking you're seasoned with this having already made one blog, but if you want to make any of these changes and would like help, please feel free to ask me. Lots of luck with the rest of the class!

    ReplyDelete